Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, September 15, 2017

The Friday Files



Hello, dear friends.  Happy Friday.  
I hope that you had a good week.  

Here are a few things that caught my eye over the Summer.









This gorgeous estate is for sale in Brookville, NY.





If you're interested in seeing more of this home, click here.






Did I mention that it also includes 2 brick cottages on the grounds?


***** 







This fabulous compound is on the market in East Hampton, NY.









I wonder if the drums are included?!?



If you're interested in seeing more of this magnificent house, you can find it here.







It seems like yesterday that I switched my closet out for summer clothes.  Unfortunately, it's time to switch it back and fill it with bulky sweaters and stretched-out turtlenecks.  I used this article to give me some closet inspiration.  It didn't work, but it's got a lot of cool closets.


*****





Looking to add some coziness to your bedroom?
Here are some tips.














Looking for some creative things to do with chicken?
Here are 90 recipes.
Yup, I said 90


*****








Food Network has released a list of its most-saved recipes.
You can find them here.
Now I've got to find out how I can become a chief taster for the brownie division.


*****



Remember this guy?  Have you ever wondered where he's been?  Or don't you care?  According to this article, he hasn't been spending much time in the kitchen.










If you or someone you know is looking to extend their education, here's a list of the top business schools.



*****




This article made me homesick for the South. 
If you appreciate good manners and Southern traditions, take a gander at this. 


*****






Here's a taste of a new TV show that is premiering this season.  For a list of the rest of the shows and premiere dates, click here.


*****




Do you want to live to be 100?  
Here are some tips from the experts.

*****


But this lady has the best advice of all. 
I'll have what she's having. 




If you're looking for me on Sunday night, I will be in front of the TV watching my beloved Stephen host The Emmy Awards.
I hope I remember to pick up the Mister's tux at the cleaners


Until next time...





Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

22 comments:

  1. So glad you are back from Summer break, always enjoy your blog posts. Where are those furkids? Have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I want to live to be more than 100...life is just so wonderful and so many things yet to learn! No, I do not want to look like the experts. I think I better keep following the skin care bloggers. So glad you are back. Friday's are so much more fun...especially after this last week in our soggy bog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for the Emmy's!! Oh I've got all kinds of closet feels going on here! In the house we are building, we have his and hers closets. My husband jokes my closet is bigger than his office, lol! Lots of Inspo from that article! Have a wonderful weekend lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a happy weekend! I think your weather should be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have what she's having too! Those old southern traditions were a big part of my life growing up. Some still are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Southern traditions are alive and well here. I think we just take it for granted.
    My mom lived to be 99. Not sure I'm interested in seeing that decade, but likely will.
    Just hope my nieces are attentive. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dish with the bacon is for me!! I had forgotten all about Rocco, enjoyed the article.

    Glad you are back at the blog, you have been missed.

    xox
    Annie G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friday files should be picked up by a magazine. They are so chock full of great information. I have to come back and read more of this tonight when I am not sleeping...which is normal..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those houses!! Do they come with a live in maid????

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should have linked to the Southern Living article for my post today - would have fit perfectly!! Now if someone could help me with my closet...happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, I could spend all day reading your Friday Files because I get lost on your links, whether they are for houses, closets, or books! And speaking of those closets, did you count the shoes???? I thought my daughter had too many, but now I see what she is headed for! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a look at the Southern traditions (was brought up with many of those basic manners - but I'm the farthest thing from the south!), and the article about aging well. I feel rather shamed now about not exercising as much as I should! Did your recent renos include creating the closet of your dreams? The one pictured was pretty amazing. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love a good house tour. Great list of fun things to browse through. Enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Reiner/Brooks/Lear and company. Amazing men!

    Loads of fun links this time! Thanks, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun to see your post here, Katie. I think you could probably write those drums into the contract to purchase on that house...in case you are interested in them! lol Always fun to visit and go see some of your links. Enjoy the Emmys! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of these links. The Roco Di Spirito article was interesting and the houses are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Friday files and today these houses were my entertainment with coffee and toast. I'm not sure how I wish when it comes to 100, scary eithe way!
    Enjoy your weekend.......

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always love your Friday Files, and linger and click on the links...unfortunately manners are slowly dying in the South, but my grandchildren do say yes ma'am and yes sir...AND those closets, I had to shut one eye, I almost couldn't dare to look!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  19. I sat next to a guy at that wedding I went to a few weeks ago who is UP FOR AN EMMY!
    NO!I do not want to live to 100!!!!!!!!!
    WHO THE HECK IS ROCCO?JUST tell me I do not have time to READ the ARTICLE!!!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there! Been a while but better late than never, visiting all my favorite blogs on this lazy Sat afternoon. Loved the Southern Living article...high five for all things southern:)
    Hope you are well and enjoying a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. PS LOVE seeing the silver pitcher as your Friday Files image..it looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey! If you’re looking for more ways to make your bedroom more cozy then you can check [this blog post](https://indoorstory.store/60-cozy-bedroom-ideas/)

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts